The IO Industries Volucam has been designed from the ground up to meet the specific needs of volumetric capture; however the combination of features in the end design will also be of benefit to applications spanning virtual reality, broadcast TV, live sports and film/advertising image acquisition, providing:
- A choice of sensors, providing resolutions from 1920 x 1200 to 5496 x 3672, and frame rates of up to 216 fps
- Internal SSD recording in raw (uncompressed or compressed) with options of 480, 960 or 1920 GByte storage
- 10 GbE interface with choice of copper or fibre connection
- Support for PTP Sychnronisation, Tri Level sync and Timecode input for LTC reference
- Control via IO Industries client software,
- SDI Video Output, single link SDI at up to 12g supporting 4K UHD at 60 fps over
The camera design allows live output over SDI whilst recording to internal SSD, with simultaneous read/write, recorded files can be downloaded using the 10 GbE interface without interrupting recording.